Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nail Tutorial: Black Gradient Sparkles (NOTW #1)

This is the nail I had end of last week. It looks very wintery-like or at least I think so... hehe~

What I used:
(T-B, L-R: Etude House in GR603, OPI in Baby It's "Coal" Outside!, CG in Disco Dazzle, and a makeup sponge)

Step 1:
Start with a base coat and then two coats of the Etude House in GR603 (thank you Digital Angel). It's suppose to be a pastel green, but to me it looks more like a metallic white which is what I wanted... hehe~ It worked out well! :)

Step 2:
With the OPI in Baby It's "Coal" Outside!, I colored the tip. You don't have to worry about it being perfect.

Step 3:
Grab a piece of white paper and put some OPI nail polish in Baby It's "Coal" Outside! With the makeup sponge, I cut a small piece and dab it into the nail polish on the paper.
Then you can make a gradient effect on your nails. The lightest on the middle with the darkest on the bottom.

Step 4:
Grab the CG in Disco Dazzle and paint over the black gradient. The purpose of this is trying to have different size sparkles on the black gradient. End with a top coat.
Here's a close up shot of the nail. I hope you like it!!! :)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so nice! You are so creative and I think I can really do this nail look :)

fuzkittie said...

That's so cool! Looks like space, hehe.

Aradani said...

This is a really cool idea! I'll try it the reverse direction b/c dark tips make my short fingers look even shorter.

AskMeWhats said...

Love it :)

Anonymous said...

oooh nicely done~
don't really have a sponge to use this method, plus i need a good confetti polish.

i't not liking the cast in general as much as i did for the taiwanese and japanese ones...but...the series is going better than i had originally expected. the problem is that they are making him fall for the girl way too fast! its too obvious in the third episode :T and they are planning on 24 episodes...wonder what they are going to do past 15...lol

ps he was cute in meteor garden. totally agree. speaking of which im downloading the second season cause i never watched it

Digital Angel said...

It's Coal outside lol hahaha, I didn't know that mint green would come out real light, it's pretty though. I like that kind of color too. Good job !!

It's Coal outside lol

Vanessa M. said...

wow!! that looks good :) your so creative w the nails! what do you use for a base? im new at the nail thing hehe

Jnie said...

Looks Great! I love the base color.
I have yet to try gradient nails, hopefully my first time won't be disastrous. I just bought some sponges the other day...wee...so excited, just need to find the time.

sab said...

wow! this looks simple to do but really very party ready!

very creative too!

Anonymous said...

such a cute idea. very creative. i wish i could do my nails but can't due to clinicals coming up. perhaps my toes?!?! i will have to do my toes up soon. they're pink. lol.

Anonymous said...

i love it! i hope i am able to do the same! i gotta see what colors i have tat works

btw i just missed u in AIM i think T-T i was at lunch

Shen said...

nice! looks like its twilight/astrology inspired!! and easy to do as well!! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't usually do artsy things to my nails, but you make me want to!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna do your silver/black look tomorrow =) What look are you gonna do next? My yellow/blue one?!?!

Anonymous said...

lol i only got it because he/steve felt really bad i guess. i had only asked for a exchange of colours, and he offered to give it as a freebie~

but yes, when i had the issue with the brush reaction, they never did get back to me. i think i did send 2+ emails for sure...ah well :T

Neeyuh said...

awesome idea! I agree you are soooo creative I would have never thought of it. I'm soooo gonna try this!

L said...

dude this is soooooooooooooo awesome aly!! i will have to try this one!!!! do u think blue/black will look good?

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

so pretty! love the glitter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...