Monday, March 2, 2009

Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last week, I bought one of the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen.

Product Review: Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at sallyhansen.com
Price: $6-7

Description on the package: Now you can be creative with your nails in seconds! Just press pen point to activate nail color and start designing on your nails! Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control and draw precise lines for a French Manicure. Great for designing pedicures, too!

Do not apply to bare nail. Apply base coat or polish before use. Allow polish to dry completely. Shake well with cap on. Remove cap. Push pen tip on hard surface to dispense color. Apply nail art design to nail. Allow to dry. Recap firmly after use. Seal nail with top coat when your design is complete. Protect work surface while using this product.
Thoughts: To be honest, I was skeptical in the beginning because its such a simple concept (that's why I only bought one). I thought of these products in the past, but didn't understand why they didn't exist. When Sally Hansen came out with this concept, it made me wonder. After using this, I actually want the rest.
I applied OPI Base Coat and 2 coats of Etude House in PK010. On my middle and index finger, I dotted Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black. On top of the black dots, I applied L.A. Colors Art Deco in Intense Pink. Then I topped all the fingers with Seche Vite Top Coat.

Pros:
* Its fine point making it easy to draw on your nail.
* It feels like a pen and with good handmanship its not hard to draw.
* Its very convenient.
* It comes out nice and dark.

Cons:
* "Do not apply to bare nail" or "Protect work surface while using this product" on the direction is kind of creepy.
* "MAY ALSO CONTAIN: Aluminum Hydroxide, Hydrated Silica. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Black 2." as ingredients sound kind of creepy as well.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating: 4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice review on the nail art pen! I'm such a klutz but I may get the white one for french tips :)

The ingredients are ok, don't worry about them. They are typical pigments for cosmetic products. The other non-pigment stuff are for nail polish formulation. It does not contain formaldehyde or toluene to dry and make your nails look yellow which is a really good thing.

Digital Angel said...

It's really pretty !! My pink nail polish from Etude house is more shimmery, I like yours ! very cute. And I think you could make leopard print with that black nail art pen. I was thinking about it, maybe next time I will try to make some pattern with the nail art tool the one you got me :D

fuzkittie said...

The little pink leopard prints are too cute. Yay I'll add you on poupee!

AskMeWhats said...

I love the nails you've sported and thanks for the review on the pens :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink nails with leopard spots, you are so good!! I gotta go check out the SH Nail art pens, I haven't seen them at my local stores though :(

Yea I agree all the pretty clothes on Poupee are so expensive! Especially the Event items!

miemiemie said...

ooh the pink nails are cute :) i could never wear polish on my fingernails..hahaha toes definitely but not on my hands..

yay to poupee girl :)

Yumeko said...

everyone is becoming a poupee girl addict heeheee i am pretty sure i added u already

CAMELLIA said...

cute nails ! (:

sab said...

that's really nice! it looks a bit complicated tho. haha! is it hard to do? i wish we have that here... :)

paperdollrevenge said...

Hello my dear! Ah I haven't cut my hair in a while...it's down about to bra line when in front and about an inch lower when in back.

Your nails are always so cute! That nail art pen looks cool but I've been restraining some self control and not running out to buy them. =P

Aw I feel the same with my Poupee Girl...for a while I was racking my brain to try to take pics of everything I could! I felt so bummed about items that I'd used up but never took pics of, hehe 'cause they could have been ribbons! I wish they would give us more ribbons for dressing up and commenting. Did you see all of the cute items currently in Katharine's Shop? <3

Mona said...

the etude house nailpolish container looks so cute!

love your nails :)

poupee girllll love haha i pimped mine out a while back too :P

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

he pink nails are sooo cute!!!

Lily said...

oh wow that's definitely a really fine tip! everytime i stop by walgreens, they're always out.

Jnie said...

I've been wanting to get my hands on these. We just don't have it here in canada yet. Thanks for the warning on the chemicals, I'm definitely going to look into those.

Sandy said...

i truly love your creativity with your nails. i got no time for doing my nails. besides i play cello too~ bleh ..

is soondubu jjigae easy to make? >.<

Anonymous said...

Oh weird, I just read Jnie's comment. We actually have them in the Shoppers Drug Mart here...but they are 9-12 dollars per stick. Which is why I am staying CLEAR away from them at the moment.
I saw someone on Soompi selling some...but ahhh I'll indulge later :)
Thanks for the review!

JANE said...

I'm skeptical about those nail pens too, but either you're just talented with nails (which we all know you are), the pen does work well, or both! lol I love the print! Thanks for the review :)

miRaCLe said...

i love the nail art! :D cute!
hope the they are selling in singapore soon! :)))

i got my LA art deco too!! finally got them from the Make up Masala webby :p wish to try them out soon!! :)))

<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...