Thursday, January 14, 2010

Olay Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money except for the Olay Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. I got that to do a survey for. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I signed up for a survey long time ago, I think several months ago, and I finally tried this moisturizer in December... hehe~ I've been using it for a month and I think it's time to review the product.

Product Review: Olay Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream

Where can you purchase this: any drugstores
Price:
not too sure

Made in USA

Directions on the back: Transform skin at night with Wrinkle Smoothing Cream by smoothing over the face and neck. As with all facial skin care products, avoid getting into your eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
My thoughts: I'm actually pretty impressed I must say! During this Winter weather, my face skin has been really dry. I originally have dry skin but I'm super dry during this season. I've been going through different moisturizers looking for something that will work on my facial skin. I've been using this nightly since middle of December, and I don't have a tightness that I do with other moisturizers. It has been hydrating to my skin, at the same time, my skin looks better than usual... lol~ :X Not that better just a little bit. It's better a little than none at all... hehe~ It doesn't get rid of wrinkles, but I do believe it's preventing them or at least I like to think so... hehe~

Pros:
* Mature looking packaging.
* It doesn't look cheap.
* Protective packaging from light waves, as well as, breakage.
* No scent.
* No SPF (I'm allergic). Plus it wouldn't have SPF since it's a nightly used moisturizer.
* Moisturizing.
* Not greasy.
* Great for winter weather.

Cons:
* Thick packaging.
* Not enough product. The net weight is 1 oz.
* Expensive for a drugstore moisturizer.

Would I buy this again? Yup.
Rating: 4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Last week, I checked out Ulta and bought some stuff.
I got two Montagne Jeunesse masks, two Freeman products, and an Essie nail polish. Do you believe I got all this less than $7 and that includes tax!?!?... wheee~ If you get the Ulta monthly advertisement/catalogue, you will see coupons for a BOGO Free on Montagne Jennesse and Freeman products. In the catalogue, there's also a $3.50 off if you buy $10 or more. That's what I did to get all these. This sale goes on for a month I believe so go check out your Ulta store. I'm also excited to find Essie in Mint Candy Apple in the clearance bin.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money except for the Olay Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. I got that to do a survey for. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

14 comments:

a.z.♥ said...

Ooooohhh the nail polish is gorgeous! Let us know how the masks are! :)

Unknown said...

Good haul, Alyssa! I've heard a lot of nice things about Pro-X but I'm still young to use it. My mom tried Definity and it burned her skin. I guess Pro-X is even stronger.

Kalmo said...

Hello!

Thanks for the comprehensive review on the Olay cream, I haven't tried anything from their Pro-X line yet. ^^ The packaging looks very nice and it sounds great for winter,glad to hear it's working for you.

Nice haul too! That's a lot of goodies for $7, especially since Essie is usually around that price alone! Please let me know what you think of those masks, I see them at drugstores but I haven't heard anything about them.

Loooooove Mint Candy Apple, can't believe it's in the clearance bin since it was just released. Good buy. :)

I'm in Glendale btw, I went to HK Mart a couples of days ago. ^^ Aww don't quit blogging! I love your blog, I've been reading it for so long now haha. Plus there are probably lots of anonymous visitors who read your post too. :)

Bijin Blair said...

I wonder what's with the red packaging for anti-aging products? I believe that L'oreal's anti-aging line is also in red? I'm glad the Olay cream is working so well on you! Would you recommend it for oilier skin types?

Mint Candy Apple is so pretty! How does Essie compare to OPI?

a.z.♥ said...

I am from soompi actually! But I think I found your blog from another blog wayyyy back in the day haha. Love toby and your Korean recipes too!

Hopefully this year we'll save more than we spend! :)

AskMeWhats said...

the Essie polish color is sooooo pretty!!!!! Thanks for sharing the Olay Pro X wrinkle Smoothing cream, I am eally a bit hesitant to try anything Olay as I've tried once in the past and it didn't work for me :)

Jannie said...

wow. i loooove the essi nail polish color. very fresh and minty looking. :)

oh, about rain. i heard it's coming monday. well...if it does, that is. hehe... rain sure is nice to watch. especially when you're just staying home. rainy weather is nice for sleeping in or hot chocolate.

those lip balms in pots were kinda hard to find at first. in our vs store, they move them everywhere. one day they're by the fragrances. on my next visit, they're by the register.

amazing moisturizer review, btw. that's great if it's not greasy. i noticed a lot of moisturizers are greasy. i remember i used to be scared of using moisturizer until the clinique lady discovered i had dry skin. that got me into the habit of moisturizing. yeah, this weather sure is drying for the skin. thank goodness for moisturizer. :)

Nicol said...

wish i understood japanese. i just look at the pictures! xD

absolutely love the colour of that nail varnish! i want it hehe

Fifi said...

Hey Ahleesa!
No I don't put powder on top of my eyeliner. Usually they wear off after 3 hours or so. Have you tried NYX jumbo eye pencils? Sometimes I use the black one to line my waterline and it works great. I think it's even more vibrant on waterlines than Urban Decay's zero.

Kalmo said...

Hi Ahleessa!

Yep, I'm in Glendale and the HK Market is seriously awesome. I'm staying here for about a month. :) You're so close, we should do a blogger meet-up if you're comfortable. ^^ No offense taken if the answer it no though.

Neeyuh said...

Nice review!! Great stuff you picked up from Ulta, the freeman avocado and oatmeal is my fave mask ever! I would love to hear your thoughts on the body scrub too. :)

I'm going to be doing a review on the define-a-brow pencil soon but so far I'm loving it!

FriendzCentury said...

Love the color of the Essie polish you picked up and paying $7 for the entire lot of masks is a bargain. Esssie's are a rip off in HK.

lavanya said...

nice blog..nice collections.nice colors..

unique gift ideas said...

very nice blog post as well as blog...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...