Thursday, February 25, 2010

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Charcoal Smokes Tutorial

By the time this is posted, I'll be at the vet. Please pray for Tobey that he will be okay!!! I've been worried the last couple of days *sigh*.


Anyways when I posted my look from the Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Charcoal Smokes (click here for the post), I didn't expect people would like it... hehe~ I'm actually really flattered that I was requested for a tutorial! :) Here goes my tutorial and I hope you guys like it... hehe!

What I used:
* UDPP
* MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
* Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Liner in Blackest Black
* Maybelline eyeshadow palette in Charcoal Smokes
* Cover Girl eyeshadow palette (I can't find the name of the palette)
* some Asian cream eyeliner
* Kate Mascara Finish in BK-1
* L'oreal Volume Shocking Mascara in Blackest Black

Tutorial:
With one of the finished looks, I drew colorful circles to make things easier or at least I hope it will be easier this way!... hehe~ :X
(clockwise from top left: lid, crease, outer corner, and brow bone)

* Cream circle from the instruction: used lid color from the palette
* Blue circle from the instruction: used crease color from the palette
* Pink circle from the instruction: used the brow bone color from the palette
* Orange circle from the instruction: used crease color from the palette
* Green circle from the instruction: used the Asian cream eyeliner

* Cream circle from the instruction: used lid color from the palette

Start out with UDPP which helps my lid from creasing. Then I add a cream base on top, I did with MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, because it is hard to blend with UDPP and it's also a sticky base for the eyeshadow to stick on. With an eyeshadow brush, I pat the lid color on my lids.
* Blue circle from the instruction: used crease color from the palette

With a crease brush, tap the tip into the crease color. Then start from the outer V and bring it 2/3 into the crease. Tap some more into the crease color and color 1/3 outer lid.
* Pink circle from the instruction: used the brow bone color from the palette

With the other side of the eyeshadow brush, I tap it into the brow bone color. I tap the color onto the middle of the lid. I like the added shine on the lid compared to the dark colors everywhere else.
* Orange circle from the instruction: used crease color from the palette
* Green circle from the instruction: used the Asian cream eyeliner

When I applied my UDPP on my lid, I put some on the bottom as well. With an eyeliner brush, I tap it into the crease color. I draw a line 2/3 in from the outer. I use another eyeliner brush and tap it into the Asian cream eyeliner and apply it into the inner corner and bottom, 1/3 from the inner.
Line your top and bottom. I used the Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Liner in Blackest Black. I still need to play around with this liner before I do a review.
Curl your eyelashes and put on mascara.

I hope this tutorial was helpful, and you guys liked it!!! :)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

45 comments:

BeautyRx said...

oh Ahleessa! I've been MIA for a long time. :) I'm digging this tutorial!!!! Thanks for sharing and I hope all goes well at the Vet.

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

yay...thanks for the tutorial...I like how you use a drugstore e/s which is we can easily get...love it...

Cinthia Truong said...

Aww poor Tobey. Hope he gets better soon.

Babybubblz said...

I just bought this palette too, hope to put it to use with your tutorial soon!

Jamilla Camel said...

Gorgeous! The colours really work with your skin tone, and the liner is fab!

Roxy said...

love your blog layout! I haven't been here in a while lol! great tutorial too btw i don't have patience to do tutorials lol

ndoodles said...

VERY PRETTY :D The colors look great - and not too dramatic for smokey palette either :)

Marce said...

Great tutorial! Very simple yet super efective. I love the finished look!

miemiemie said...

thanks for posting this tut! what happened to tobey? i hope he's alright...

vanilla said...

awww thanks for the tutorial!
but i always fail anyway
lol

AskMeWhats said...

hey Ally, your eyes really look wonderful with eye makeup on! I love it that you included diagram, easier for us to see what you use or how you put it :) thanks

Golden said...

I really like the tutorial sweetie. Thanks!

I hope Tobey gets well.

Lots of love,

Shop N' Chomp said...

Aw, what's Tobey at the vet for? =\ I hope he is okay. *sends you millions of positive vibes*

Thank you for the wonderful tutorial!

Fifi said...

I like this soft smokey look.
And best wishes for Tobey, hope he's okay.

Violet Honeybee said...

haha! I actually JUST picked this up from Target yesterday because of your post!! =P it was the last one too bwahahaha!! I love how you made this more day time wearable by not using that black color.

Oh no! What's wrong with Tobey?? =( It's ok I get super worried when my puppies get sick, so thank god they're indestructible lil devils.. -_-''

I THINK it's kinda by USC?? o.o I'm terrible with directions lol. But you should go!! It's free (but I think you have to pay for parking) and it's super big so you can spend the whole day just walking around.

Yah, I checked the Milani section and it wasn't there too =( I'll keep looking though.

Jannie said...

wow. this makes a beautiful everyday smokey look. i love how this eye look enhances and brightens up the eye. you are great with tutorials too. very detailed step by step instructions. :)

if it weren't for the kiosk in the mall, i wouldn't have known about micabella either. a few friends say their pigments are good. i have yet to try them though. i'm excited about the pink and purple ones. hehe... i hope they will show on my eyes.

thanks for sharing your tutorial. take care. :)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Jeez, poor Tobey. =( We recently had to take our dog to the vet too b/c she was scratching herself to the point of almost bleeding. The vet said it was an allergic reaction and gave meds too which were extremely helpful so I hope Tobey's meds work for him too! *crosses fingers

Violet Honeybee said...

=( poor Tobey.. is it from his poop? Or is it just bleeding out? He might have eaten something he shouldn't of and that could be causing the blood too. I hope he gets better soon!

Tee hee hee. It's ok I forget things all the time. =P

miemiemie said...

oh no..i hope he gets better soon.is he just bleeding or is he also having some diarrhea and vomiting? some of our dogs had that too when they ate cooked human food. like left overs, they'd start vomiting and have diarrhea and then a little bleeding in their poop. but it all goes away with meds. i know how expensive it is to take pets to the vet in the US, that's why i'm a bit worried when i reside there for good. coz i'm planning to get a dog since i'll be living alone in NY. i hope he gets well dear :) i'll pray for him

Ahleessa said...

BeautyRx: It says your profile isn't available. What happened to your blog!?!?

Thank you for the compliment on my tutorial. I hope it was useful! :)

Thank you for the best wishes on Tobey. I pray to God he will heal!

Susie said...

Ahh, thanks! (:

I love Maybelline quads! Nice tutorial (:

Jannie said...

a look for the pigments is coming up soon. :) i'm curious to see how the glitter ones will look. i saw sunset (the coral-red one) on a girl they were doing a makeover on. it looked pretty on her. :)

i wish tobey to get well very, very soon. i'm sorry he's not feeling well.

Bijin Blair said...

Thanks for the picture tutorial, A! What happened to the video idea that you had?

C'est moi, Cecilia. said...

thank-you for all the puppy advice darl! :)
he's used to the leash now yay! so one more step forward
btw loving this eyeshadow look

xoxo

amynaree said...

great tutorial! you are such a pro, I love how flawless and blended the colors look :) for some reason I can never take good close up pictures of my eyes :)

I need to get my hands on some of the maybelline quads, I keep hearing great reviews about them and they look so pretty on you!

At first I wasn't planning to get any of the Ombre blushes either, but now I'm glad I did. I heard they might be coming back in stock!

gio said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I love this look, it's simple but beautiful.

I hope Tobey gets better soon.

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

It's true though....I don't usually comment on FOTD's unless I love it...& you're one of those who makes really nice eye looks

Nicol said...

thanks for the tutorial! such a nice look :)

Kalmo said...

I hope Tobey is on his way to recovery Alyssa (hugs) and the medicine hopefully works quickly. It sucks he got a virus from the dog park but he's in good hands with his careful owners now.

Great tutorial! Good job in using up that Covergirl palette, it's almost all pan now! :) I love how you applied eyeshadow to your lower water line area as well, it brightens up the entire area.

. said...

Thanks so much for the tut!! I always envy your eyeshadow technique, it looks sooo pretty!! =D

DinaXYYan said...

Love this tutorial! Your makeup skill is superb :D
aw, hope Tobey get well soon..

Btw, thanks for your congrats dear :)

C'est moi, Cecilia. said...

thank-you dear! :)
*big hug* for the advice. i'm just glad he's learning. although now he has a barking problem. i think it's cos he's a boy and he's getting older so becoming more aggro. *shrugs* just hope the neighbours don't get too annoyed! :p

xoxo

Shop N' Chomp said...

Hey girlie, how's Tobey doing?

You have to try Beard Papa's! Not sure where you're located but here's the list of locations :)

http://www.muginohousa.com/main.php?nav=locations

Jannie said...

hi, ahleessa! how's tobey doing? i hope he's feeling better now. you take very good care of him, so i'm sure he is well on his way to a speedy recovery. :) please update us soon about him when you get the chance. take care. :)

Jannie said...

i'm so happy and relieved to hear the good news about tobey. :) it's sad to hear he's been in so much pain. i'm glad he's doing much better now. :)

thanks for the sweet comment you left me. :) the pigments really make great eye looks. they work well as blush, lipgloss, and mascara too. dang. i forgot to mention that. hehe...

take care. :D

izumi said...

gorg tut :D

i hope tobey gets better!! :(

Shop N' Chomp said...

Hey there, thanks for the sweet comment! =D I think going real black would be sexy esp since it reflects light so well.

Yay for Tobey!!

♥ c.angie ♥ said...

Thank you for your comment and support.
I'll try to stop thinking about it.
Hopefully my next post I won't be complaining about it...

&& I love this look..i've heard a lot of goods about this maybelline eyeshadow but havent pick it up yet

Jannie said...

hi, ahleessa! :) to use pigments as mascara (i dunno if the mac ones have this ability too. i haven't used mac ones yet.), you put on clear mascara. shortly after that, while mascara is wet, you dab a little pigment onto your fingers and pat your lashes to get color on them. i tried it with the glitter one. it looked cool. hehe... except i used mascara primer coz i don't have clear yet. i hope that helped. take care. :)

Anonymous said...

great job, lady!

C'est moi, Cecilia. said...

thanks darl! *hug* yes it's been quite the new start lately! enjoying it though :)
ah i wish i knew what he was tryna say :( he's been barking heaps lately.

xo

Babybubblz said...

Interesting, thanks for letting me know! Yea the Korean sauna change room is not too different from your regular one. And if you do your own thing, you won't notice it at all. I had to add another line into the post :P You CAN shower and change privately, just make sure to bring a big towel so that you can get to these places covered up =)

Going to a sauna is super relaxing, hope u have an opportunity to try it.

fasha comeback again said...

BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE YOUR BLOG,VISIT MY BLOG AND FOLLOW ME, DON'T FORGET TO JOIN MY BLOG

C'est moi, Cecilia. said...

hehe yup! but he's growing up so fast it's weird because soon my 'lil' bro will be bigger than me! haha

hope you've been smiling lovely!
xo

Anonymous said...

thank you for the comment Alyssa!

love how you lined your eyes there, very sexy!

love the peachy nail colour too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...