I was approached by the PR of Misikko to review Hana Elite 1" Flat Iron. This gave me a good chance to replace my old flat iron I bought from Costco long time ago. I needed a good one! :)
When I received my packaged, I was really impressed how cute the packaging was!
When you open the box, you see ribbons and plastic flowers. The flowers are so cute I have it in my room. The red one is in a glass vase with another flower, its made with one candy and cloth, and the white ones are next to it as a decoration. I love simple things like this... hehe~ :)
This is what was inside the box. I was overwhelmed with so many products. I had fun going through it and playing with my new toy!... wheee~ :)
In the black tin container (on top), holds the flat iron and its case (on the bottom). I love how it comes with a tin container! It protects the flat iron in all possible way especially if you want to take it with you for traveling; probably not for the plane. The flat iron case is also great! It has a divider inside the case to separate the iron from the cord. This case will be great for traveling on the plane! On the right, they gave me two mats. The mats are greats to put your heated flat iron on. It will not burn the surface while straightening or curling your hair. I love how you can just put your heated iron on the mats and not have to worry about burning something... hehe~ :X
They also gave me Hana Shine Shield, strawberry hand sanitizer (perfect timing just finished my old one), nail files with their site name, and L.A. Colors liquid eyeliner.
Now for my review on the flat iron...
Misikko who carries Professional Flat Irons sponsored me to review their Hana Elite 1" Flat Iron, best flat iron. They carry the best Chi Flat Irons and Chi Hair Straightener that has been featured in magazines like Marie Claire (my favorite beauty magazine).
Description on their website: Of the hundreds of flat irons available in the market you can categorize them down to Titanium (or other metals), Metal Alloy Coated in Ceramic, 100% Ceramic. 100% Ceramic is the only material that will generate results better than Titanium while also providing the highest level of hair damage protection.
The Hana Elite Flat Iron is 100% true, solid ceramic. This means it will never peel or chip to expose hair to damaging metal - it also means Hana can include large ceramic heaters that cover the entire plates for the best possible heat distribution and retention. As the pros know, the secret to ceramic hair straightening is in the ceramic technology itself - and Hana focuses on bringing you the best flat iron money can buy.
Hana Elite Features:
* 100% Solid Ceramic Plates Never Peel or Degrade
* Tourmaline infused into the heating elements for maximum thermal protection
* Large Integrated Ceramic Heaters with Full Plate Coverate for the Most Consistent, Conditioning Far Infrared Heat Possible
* Ceramic is naturally hygienic, protects color & retards fading
* Unique black ceramic plates won't discolor with use of products or hair dyes
* Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° F for All Hair Types
* Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
* Safe to use on Damp to Dry Hair
* Beveled Edges mean Easy Curled, Flipped, Spiked or Straight Styles
* Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
* Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
* Sleek luxury matte finish
* Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
* Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
* Independent On/Off Switch
* Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
* Made in Korea
* Two Year Warranty
Where can you purchase this: Misikko website at http://www.misikko.com/
Price: Sale $229.99 (Original $359.99 - save 36%)
Made in Korea
My thoughts: The typical Asian I am the first thing I did was look to see where it was made... lol~ :X Not to be biased but I was amazed it was made in Korea... woo hoo~ Go Korea *dancing*!!! Even my father said Korea makes the best flat irons. I was blessed with straight hair and didn't have to worry about straightening it. Beginning of this month, March, I chopped my hair which I regret with a passion... lol~ :X That's another story which I won't go into... hehe~ For some odd reason, my hair wasn't flat as it use to be. This flat iron flatten it and made it look more smoother. I love the end results!!!... wheee~ :)
Description from the website: Hana ShineShield is the latest product in a line committed to safe, effective heat styling. ShineShield is a thermal serum that can be used as a leave-in conditioner - lightweight and never greasy, it protects and strengthens hair whether you use it with a flat iron, hair dryer or alone. ShineShield contains the natural magic of Jojoba oil for its superb qualities of deep moisturization, fast absorption into hair follicles and scalp, and unparalleled shimmer & shine.
Hana ShineShield Features:
* Lightweight leave-in conditioning therapy
* Designed to protect and restore both hair and scalp from environmental and styling stress
* Jojoba absorbs quickly without a greasy feel for thorough deep conditioning
*Jojoba naturally dissolves soil, removing build-up from other styling products to leave hair clean & supple
* Jojoba naturally excels at thickening keratin layers, bringing out your hair's natural color overtones, highlights and brilliance
* Periodic use over time is proven to advance the quality of your hair & the health of your scalp
Price: Sale $29.99 (Original $49.99 - save 40%)
Made in Korea
My thoughts: You use a small amount to spread all over your hair. It made my hair shinier, smoother, and it felt silky soft... woo hoo~ I couldn't ask for anything more! :) It even helped the flyaway hairs.
Now for pictures of how my hair looked...
If you can tell, my hair isn't straight anymore... wahhh~ It also looks kind of dull.
After using the flat iron, as well as, the Hana Shine Shield; my hair looks amazing and shinier!.... woo hoo~
I did this really fast that's why it doesn't look that great, but it came out nice. The curls lasted the whole day... woo hoo~
Not only did Misikko send a Hana Elite 1" Flat Iron for me to review, but they are giving one to one of my lucky readers... woo hoo~ How nice of them! :)
How to win:
1. You must be a follower of my blog.
2. Open to US and Canada residents.
3. You must be 18 years or older. If you're younger than 18, please get your parent's permission.
4. You must comment in this post for me to consider your entry.
5. You must agree to leave your name, e-mail, and mailing address with Misikko.
6. The giveaway will end in two weeks, 4/4/2010 11:59 PST (pacific time).
7. The winner will be drawn with a random number generator. You have 48 hours to contact me [aly_4realz (at) hotmail (dot) com] or else a new winner be chosen.
1. Follow Misikko on Twitter, http://twitter.com/misikko (+1 entry).
2. Blog about the giveaway on your blog (+1 entry).
3. Join Misikko Newsletter (+3 entries).
4. If you do anything in the extra entries, you must comment in this post. You need to tell me your Twitter ID, give me the link to your blog, and/or the e-mail you enter for the Misikko Newsletter. I will check on this.
Thank you Misikko for sponsoring me, as well as, the contest!!!
Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post are sponsored by Misikko. I am not affiliated with this company nor getting paid to advertise this product. This post is written with my honest opinion.