Thursday, April 28, 2011

Too Faced Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color in Tea Rose, Sweet Pea, and Prim & Poppy

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of March, I attended Too Faced Summer Trend 2011. It was such an exciting event and I feel blessed to have attended it! I also posted the collection from the trend. I think it's time for me to review the Too Faced Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color.

Product Review: Too Faced Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color in Tea Rose, Sweet Pea, and Prim & Poppy

Where can you purchase this: stores that sell Too Faced and online at toofaced.com
Price: $21 for 4.5 g/0.16 oz

Made in Canada

Description on the back: Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color blends effortlessly on the cheeks and lips for a natural glow of sheer, radiant color. Layer with a coordinating Full Bloom Ultra Flush Powder blush for a "lit from within", longer wearing, flushed effect.
At the Too Faced event, they gave us sheets of information of the new products. I will post them as I review each product. Here's for the Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Color. Click on the picture to see the original size.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
My thoughts: At the event, I was really excited about this product. For some odd reason, I have been into cream blushes. I feel that cream blushes give that natural, radiant, flush look. It just blends within the skin. Too Faced went beyond the cheek cream and made it also very versatile so you can use it on your lips.
Here's the packaging of the blushes. I love how simple and classic it looks. I also like that it's very lightweight and compact. It's very easy to carry around with you.
Here's how the bottom half of the packaging looks like. I love that this is different than the regular line powder blushes. When you're looking for blushes, you cannot mixed this up with the regular line and you can see the color of the cream product.

The three colors from this line are...
Tea Rose, dusty rose color.
Sweet Pea, sheer berry.
Prim & Poppy, warm coral. I think this one is perfect for the Spring/Summer trend of coral colors.
Here are the swatches of the blush/lip color. From left to right is Tea Rose, Sweet Pea, and Prim & Poppy.
At the event, Too Faced recommended topping the cream blush with a powder blush color. On the left, is the cream blush in Prim & Poppy. The right is Too Faced Full Bloom Ultra Flush Powder Blush in Who's Your Poppy? I topped Who's Your Poppy on top of Prim & Poppy.

When you put your finger into the cream product and swirl it around, it gets softer and creamier. It's very soothing or at least for me. I actually think it's a fun product with wide range of color choices. I actually like all the color choices but if I had to choose one, it has to be Prim & Poppy since that is the trend of the color at the moment. :)
Here's how the blush looks on my cheeks. I only applied the cream product and it's very easily build-able. It lasted all day for me. I definitely recommend it for normal skin individual. I think people who have really dry skin with flakiness, it might not blend well. If you have really oily skin, I think it will look great but there's a good chance it might not last all day. I am not too sure on this since I do not have oily skin. :X

I also tried it on my lips. Here's how the colors look on my lips.
Tea Rose
Sweet Pea
Prim & Poppy

I do not recommend this for dry, chapped lips. It has more a look of a lip stain than a lipgloss. It's not very shiny, but natural looking. If you have dry lips, it will define all your lines and dry it out. I even applied a lip balm before this cream color, and my lips dried out within couple of hours of wearing this color. I also noticed the Sweet Pea one smelled like wax on my lips, whereas, the others didn't. It might just be the one I have. I am not too sure on that!

Overall, I am very happy using this for the cheeks! I love the versatile colors and the lasting power.

Pros:
* Cute Packaging.
* Lightweight and compact; easy to carry.
* Slight different packaging from their powder blushes.
* Can see the color on the bottom of the packaging.
* Versatile colors.
* Product gets creamier as you swirl.
* Pigmented.
* Build-able.
* Long lasting.
* Natural, flush look.
* Looks more like a lip stain than a lipgloss; natural look.
* Doesn't smell.
* Isn't thick and gloppy.

Cons:
* Not recommended for dry, flaky skin; can be hard to blend.
* Not recommended for dry, chapped lips; will show lines and dry out overtime.
* Need a lip balm before applying the product on the lips.

Would I repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Too Faced products reviewed/swatch:
Baked Eyeshadow

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

19 comments:

Gaby Fauchon said...

Prim & Poppy is my favorite! I love coral blushes (:

miemiemie said...

prim and poppy and sweet pea look great! both on the skin and on the lips!

Shop N' Chomp said...

It looks really nice on you! I like the packaging and pigmentation. =D

(I won my template from a giveaway! It's from suckmylolly.com :)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Haha...you said it not me! :P

Just noticed you changed your template. So cute...love it =D

Tammy said...

These look really nice. I love cream blushes and these look pigmented!

Radiant Make Up said...

Loving the look of these :)
great review!! x

Jenni said...

i really like sweet pea! (lilac hues, hello?)

all 3 looks lovely on u when used as a lip tint :) truly.

nah i was just talking about the collections but that's it, some of those aren't even landed here yet so not buying atm!

miemiemie said...

I'm not exactly sure if they are exactly the same. I initially checked makeupalley, just because I thought they discontinued the smokey palettes but I saw one review that said that they hated the "new" packaging. So I assumed they are the same.

Jenni said...

hi, i thought i mentioned in the post that i swatched those in the store since someone is asking for it, i didn't actually bought them.

Anonymous said...

wow they all look very pretty!! So great you could go to such event!

Bijin Blair said...

Sweet Pea gets my vote, so pretty!!

Ahh I'm also using a cream blush on my lips and I'm loving the results! It doesn't feel drying on but as time goes, I see it emphasizing my lip lines =[

Shop N' Chomp said...

It doesn't hurt my eyes so I don't personally find it too bright. :)

??? said...

i saw them at sephora today, and was so tempted to buy them, but i had to spend my money for smth else~~~~

Btw im holding a giveaway at may 3rd, but b4 that i need your help with one simple Question answer it and you'll get an extra entry to my giveaway (and follow me of course), there are alot of great prizes, hope you can help me out here ^_^

Jessy
threenothing.blogspot.com

purple snowflake said...

hehe they look really pigmented..
I like the colour of tea rose on your lips.

though i never thought to put powder blush on top of a cream one ^^

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great review! I'm a big fan of Too Faced so I will def be checking out these new products. Prim and Poppy looks really nice on you!

DinaXYYan said...

All the shades look really pretty on the swatch! They also look great on the lip swatches but too bad it's too dry for lips. Thanks for the review!

Jenni said...

its OK don't worry! i was swatching the ETKs for a blogger :) it's probly the craziest swatch-related thing i've ever done. the SA probly thought i'm crazy walking out of the store with 4 swatches on hand XD

Mana said...

Wow thanks for the review! I've been hunting for a blush for spring and summer but Im scared of using cream blushes since Im still fairly new with makeup and feel more safe sticking with powders hahaha As for perming my eyelashes, I know salons charge from 30$-60$ for it!!! I know it sounds fairly expensive but you should definitely give it one try! It really accentuates your lashes, I personally do mines once a month and I got to a special lady who does it in her home so she doesn't charge as much as a salon does!

Mona said...

these look so cute! i haven't even seen these around. now i have to go to sephora...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...