Sunday, May 27, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey and Crush

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money except for Aveeno. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.


Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile, but I've been really sick *sigh*. Now I'm back and want to wish you a very Happy Memorial Day!!! :)


This past week I've been obsessed with trying to find Revlon Balm Stain. I got two and think it's time to review.

Where to purchase: drugstores, retail, and online at revlon.com
Price: $9.29 for 0.095 oz/ 2.7 g

Made in USA

Description from site: It's a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that last hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.
Thoughts: I'm a big fan of Revlon products and was extremely excited about this product! It reminded me of Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. For that reason, I've been wanting to get one or two. I also heard it's very similar to Tarte LipSurgence. I cannot say since I do not own any Clinique or Tarte. I can only judge the Revlon one.
I got one in Honey. The picture is taken with natural light.
The other one I got is Crush.
They're both pretty colors swatched! The left one is Honey and the right one is Crush. From the picture they look sheer, but they're extremely build-able.

The first thing I did is smell the balm. They smell like mint. I also heard some people can smell the mint as soon as they apply it. With some, it takes longer. With me, I did not smell mint on my lips whats so ever. :X For someone who's really sensitive with smell or at least what I've been told, I did not smell the mint. I guess it depends on the person. I also heard some people felt slight tingling sensation. I did not at all, and I will be the first person to admit I hate tingling sensation on my lips. There was no issue with that on my side.
The next thing I did is to see how far the balm retracts up to. It's actually not that bad. It's the size of a lipstick. For the money, you get pretty decent amount.

One thing I like about these balm is that it is retractable! I did not want to buy a separate sharpener just for these crayons. I know some crayons you need to sharpen it. I'm glad you don't have to with these.

Here's how these two crayons look on me.
This is Honey. It's on the mauve side, and I have to say it's my favorite from the two I got. If you apply it on top of a lip balm, vaseline, or Chapstick, the color is more on the sheer side. If you apply without anything on your lips, it'll be more brighter. The more you apply the crayon, the brighter the color gets. I also noticed after 20-30 minutes after applying the crayon, the color gets brighter. I'm not too sure why. :/ I also like that it stains your lips and you do not have to worry about the color disappearing.
This one is Crush. It looks lighter in the picture than in person. It's bright, berry color on my lips. Since I have natural pink lips, colors tend to show up more on me than most people. My friend tried this balm and it looked more natural on her darker lips.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this balm. It did not dry out my lips and the color lasted for a good amount of time.

Pros:
* Revlon; a brand I trust.
* 12 shades.
* Retractable.
* Did not smell the mint on the lips.
* No tingling sensation.
* Color is build-able.
* Leaves a nice stain on the lips.
* Color lasts some time.
* Does not dry out my lips.

Cons:
* Most of the colors are on the bright side.
* Minty smell.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Now for the Aveeno Positively Nourishing Energizing Body Lotion,
it is...
#57...
Congratulations to JenniferCNP!!! :)

You have 48 hours to contact me with your name and address. E-mail me at aly_4realz (at) hotmail (dot) com. If you don't contact me within 48 hours, I will draw a new winner.

Thank you Aveeno for sponsoring a wonderful giveaway!!! :)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money except for Aveeno. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

paperdollrevenge said...

Great review! Crush looks very pretty on you. At first I was worried since they're crayon form but so relieved to hear they're retractable! Whew! I'm curious to try these too.

I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend!!

ShinyPrettyThings said...

ohh these look just like the Clinique Chubby Sticks. i didn't know these were out, must check them out. both colors look so good on u!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...