Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clinique High Impact Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2011, I attended a Beautylish Spring Trend Event.
Here are the products from the swag bag. I will review a Clinique product on the top middle.
I got a small makeup with three Clinique products. For this post, I will review the mascara on the bottom right.

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at clinique.com
Price: $16 for 0.28 oz/ 7 mL

Made in Canada

Description from the website: Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lash for a  look that's lusher, plusher, bolder. Pure, deep colour only adds to the impact. Wear it once and you'll feel naked without it. Ophthalmologist Tested.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I received this mascara, I honestly had no opinion about this product.
Here's a closer look at the packaging of the mascara.
Here's a closer look at the logo on the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's how the mascara looks on me.
Here's a closer look at a different angle.

The first time I ever opened this product it was extremely moist/wet. Whenever I open and close my eyes, the wetness from the mascara on my lashes would stain my contact lenses. It drove me crazy, because it's extremely hard to remove. It also weighed my lashes down from the wetness, and it would smudge a little especially on the bottom lashes. After a month of using this product, I noticed the mascara got less moist/wet. It was easier to use and I got better results. It would hold my curl, gave me some volume, and it did not smudge. Overall, it's a good product towards the middle to end of the usage.

Pros:
* Straight wand; easy to feather the lashes with the tip.
* No clumping.
* Later, it held the curl and gave volume. It also did not smudge.

Cons:
* Straight wand; hard to reach lashes close to the eyes.
* Initially, very moist/wet mascara; weighed down lashes and smudge.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Clinique products reviewed/swatch:
Chubby Colour & Shine

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

Popblush said...

In terms of the mascara being too wet/moist, I agree with you and I actually get that from most mascaras during the initial usages. I absolutely prefer formulas that get drier because I find it sticks to my lashes better and also provides more volume. One of the main things I look for in a mascara is the ability to hold curl and volumise.


I was actually thinking about mascara today - maybe repurchasing one of the Maybellline waterproof mascaras because I want to go back to having my eyelashes stay super curled (like almost pointing to the sky hahaha). Waterproof mascara is such a pain removing though... Which ones have you tried that are great at holding curl and provide volume?

Ahleessa said...

I'm the same. I love waterproof mascaras because it holds the curl or else I see my lashes fall right in front of my eyes. It's amazing what us Koreans have to deal with... hehe~ I've always loved Maybelline and CoverGirl mascaras. I've always have great experience. I read today about the new Maybelline mascara The Rocket. After reading it, I want to try it out but I'm being good. I don't want to buy any new mascaras until I finish the ones I have. That might take me a good 4+ years to finish if I use a new one every 3 months *sigh*... lol~ :X

Popblush said...

I don't think the Rocket one is out here yet. I might get the Falsies WP one. Wow, so you have about 16 mascaras to review! Keep those reviews coming hun~ Hahaha. Will keep track every 3months! Lol jokes.

sleepandwater said...

I hate it when mascaras are too wet, maybe what you can do next time is leave it in the open (without the wand) so the formula can dry out a little bit? Sounds like it was really annoying to use when it was too wet! But at least it worked much better once it had dried out a little :)

Ahleessa said...

I don't think I've seen The Rocket either, but then again I haven't been paying attention to mascaras. I feel that if I pay attention to mascaras, I will end up buying more *sigh*. That won't be a good idea since I need to finish the ones I have... lol~ :X


I think I have more than 16 mascaras... lol~ :X Actually, I keep track of my mascaras. Whenever I open a new one, I write on my calendar 3 months from that day. I'm so ano... lol~ :X

Ahleessa said...

That's such a great idea! I didn't think about leaving it open. Thanks for the idea!... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...