Thursday, February 28, 2013

Born Pretty Zipper Water Decal in Silver

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Born Pretty Store is most well known for their nail art products. I had an opportunity to choose any products I like to review. While searching their website, I fell in love with their Zipper Nail Art Sticker.

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $2.99

Description on the back:
Thoughts: The sticker comes in two colors, silver and gold. I decided to get silver.
Here's a close-up of the sticker. I like that it comes with a variety of designs and sizes. It's great for different sized nails and knowing no two nails will be alike.

If you look at the "Description on the back," it will show you how to use this product. You cut around the zipper you like. Then soak it in water for a minute. I actually wait until the backing becomes flimsy. Then I grab the sticker with a Tweezer and apply it to the area on the nail. Don't forget to apply your favorite nail polish before you do this. I don't even use a towel to dry it. It just dried within couple of minutes. Then I topped it off with a top coat.

Here's a look I did with the sticker...
I used two coats of OPI nail polish in I Have a Herring Problem. Then applied the zipper sticker and topped it off with a top coat. I wanted to use a nail polish close to a jean color that I have in my collection. OPI nail polish in I Have a Herring Problem was the closest. The nail polish comes with tiny, silver glitters. That's why I thought the silver zipper would go best with it.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the nail art. It's gorgeous, adorable, and cute in all! :) I've been getting a lot of compliments. It's insane the amount of compliments I've been getting. I even had strangers in the elevator asking if they could see my nail art.

Secondly, I was worried about the sticker. From my experience in the past, stickers don't last that long on me even if I top it with a top coat. I'll be lucky if it last longer than a day. For that reason, I hardly apply any stickers on my nails but I couldn't resist trying this one out. I'm glad I tried it. :) It's been a week now and I still have the sticker on my nails. There's no budge, fading, and it looks brand new like the first time I applied it.

Lastly, it's really easy to use. You don't need to submerge in water that long. It also comes off the paper easily. I thought if I touched the back of the sticker it wouldn't apply on the nails. It actually still works. Once you top it off with a top coat, it's set. I also like that the clear part of the sticker doesn't show once you set it with a top coat. I highly recommend this product. It's fun and adorable!

Pros:
* 3D; it looks like a real zipper.
* Don't need to submerge in water too long.
* Comes off paper easily.
* Easy to use and applies smoothly.
* It's fun, cute, adorable, and hip.
* Long lasting.
* Does not budge and fade.
* You get a lot of compliments!

Cons:
* None.

Would repurchase: Yes!

Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchase. I am not affiliated with this store. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use this code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Jamie Panganiban said...

Those are cute! It looks like they were painted on!

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I love them too... hehe~ :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...