Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Favorites & Finished Products and AVEENO® Winner

I had an exciting weekend! I cannot wait to write about it. Look forward to that post. ;) Now for my February Favorites and Finished Products...

February Favorites
LacVert Everyday Sun Block: This is a Korean brand and it's not very known here, US. My family whenever they go back to Korea for a visit gets me this sunscreen. The reason why I love this sunscreen so much is that it's water-based. It does not leave a white cast and it sinks into your skin. It's feels like you're putting moisturizer on your face. It's not heavy, does not smell, and it feels good. It's hard to find in stores, but they do sell it on Amazon.

VOV Show Case Ball On Cheek in Bebe Pink: This is another Korean brand and it is hard to find in stores here. I'm not too sure if they sell this on Amazon, but it doesn't hurt to try if you're interested in this product. You can read my thorough review here. Now that spring is approaching, I'll be using this a lot on my cheeks. During the winter time, I used it as a highlighter. I love how versatile this product is, at the same time, how cute it is.

Lorac Starry-Eyed Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Star Power: This palette was part of Lorac Close Up: Real Life To Red Carpet Natural To Dramatic Face Tutorial. Here's a post on the kit and what was included. I've been using this a lot this month. It's so smooth, pigmented, and blends easily. I also like the color combination.

Born Pretty Store Zipper Nail Art Sticker Water Decals in Silver: I'm not a big fan of stickers, but I have to say this is the bomb! You can read my thorough review, as well as, a look done with the sticker. It's really easy to apply and it's long lasting. Not only that but the look is so unique. I love it!

Basq Cucumber Tea Soothing Eye Gel: This was part of April GlossyBox USA. You can read my post to see what was included in the April GlossyBox USA. At first, I thought I wouldn't like this product because it's an eye gel. Since I have dry skin, I look for anti-aging products that is thick in consistency that will help with the wrinkles. When it comes to eye gel, I think it's more for the puffiness which I do not worry about. Actually, this has helped my wrinkles. It hasn't completely disappeared but it has improved. I have to say probably the best results I've seen in the frequent years of using different eye creams.


February Finished Products
AVEENO® Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes: I received this product because I am an ambassador for the brand. It took me awhile to finish this product, because I've been trying to finish my cream removers. After I finish my cream removers, I will go back to wipes. I also used these wipes for my lazy days when I didn't want to wash my face. This is a good wipe. It cleans well and smells nice. The only thing I noticed is that my eyes are sensitive to these wipes. It would tingle a bit and turn red for couple of minutes.

Would repurchase: No.


Now for AVEENO® Valentine's Day Giveaway winner...
The winner will win AVEENO® Pure Renewal Dry Shampoo.

The winner is...
Congratulations to Shenez K.!

You have 48 hours to contact me with your name and address. E-mail me at aly_4realz@hotmail.com. If you don't contact me within 48 hours, I will draw a new winner.

Thank you AVEENO® for the giveaway! :)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money except for LacVert, Born Pretty Store, Basq, and AVEENO®. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

25 comments:

xlicious said...

ahhh the VOV showcase ball cheek thing looks so cuteee. i love the packaging and i've never seen it before. i think i would like to try that one out :) good to know that it can also be used as a highlighter!

xoxo Sarah
www.xliciousgirl.com

Shop N' Chomp said...

Aw...all the awesome stuff is in Asia! I've never tried LacVert before but like the idea of a water-based sunblock. Plus, the VOV packaging on the blush/highlighter is too cute. *^_^*

Ahleessa said...

Oh mi gosh, where have you been? I haven't seen you in months.


I have to agree Asia has the best skincare and LacVert is the best sunblock I have tried. You should try it. :)

Shop N' Chomp said...

I've been lazy w/ blogging...hehe. ;)

Nope, the spiky bracelet doesn't poke.

Jamie Panganiban said...

ooooh that Lacvert sunblock sounds interesting. I'll look it up online. I want a new sunblock for the coming months.. Especially now its getting warmer.

Ahleessa said...

I don't blame you. There are times I'm lazy and just want to quit, but I don't... hehe~ I guess I'm addicted to blogging *sigh*. Welcome back and hopefully, for good! :)

Ahleessa said...

I definitely recommend LacVert Sunblock. I think it will be fine with your sensitive skin. Do you have any allergies to active ingredients in sunscreen?

Jamie Panganiban said...

I'm not really sure on what specific ingredient I should be avoiding. All i know is that majority of US sunscreens cause me allergies, especially NEUTROGENA!!! The only thing that worked for me was the l'oreal sublime line.. The one in liquid and the cream one :)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Thanks! You are too kind. <3

Ahleessa said...

I wish I was kind *sigh*. Thank you for your kindness! :)

Ahleessa said...

Most people who are sensitive or have allergies to sunscreen are allergic to the active ingredients in SPF. They are oxybenzone or avobenzone, and possible both. I would say compare Neutrogena active ingredients to the L'Oreal Sublime. Then come back to me. I will tell you more later... hehe~ ;)

Jamie Panganiban said...

Hahaha. I'm lazy!!!! I used to love the face shop's something "sun" sunblock but I ran out. I'm so lazy to do research these days.. I basically aim for those readily available here and see what works. So far the one from l'oreal worked fine last year. Didn't make me that greasy too, considering it was spf 50. I prefer the cream one in the tube over the liquid, but I was convinced by my friend to try the liquid and I still have a lot left in the bottle.


I checked the l'oreal sublime liquid. It has avobenzone, homosalate, octisilate, octocryolene and oxybenzone. So it has both! I don't have the neutrogena ones with me anymore, I have like 3 tubes and threw them all away.

Ahleessa said...

Then you're not allergic to oxybenzone and avobenzone. When people have sensitivity to SFP products, it's either of that or both. For example myself, I'm actually allergic. I'm not too sure if it's just one or both. I'm too scared to test myself to see *sigh*. :X For that reason, I just avoid both... hehe~ I think you're just sensitive. Btw, you don't need to see the ingredients on the Neutrogena or you can to see if there's something in Neutrogena that isn't in L'Oreal.

Jamie Panganiban said...

If you find one that works for you, stick with it! L'oreal is fine for me now. I might order some asian brands when sometime in the future. I miss asian products.

Ahleessa said...

I miss Asian products too! Do you recommend any?

Jamie Panganiban said...

What specific products were you thinking of?

Ahleessa said...

I was thinking what Asian brands you think is good?

Jamie Panganiban said...

I don't know much. I only like etude for their lip and nail products. Skinfood I love love love :) Their bb creams have been the best for my skin. The face shop's skincare and face products don't work well with my skin.. =( BRTC I used to love too. I only tried two of their bb creams. Shiseido my mom loves :) I haven't personally tried anything from this brand. Maybelline's asian versions are something that I prefer over american ones. I feel that their mascaras are better than what we have here. I'm not really sure why. The maybelline volume express in Asia used to be my favorite, but the american version doesn't have the same formula.. I wonder why.. =(

Ahleessa said...

Oh wow, I noticed you mostly like Korean brands... hehe~ I think the Asian version of Maybelline is aimed for Asians, whereas, American version is aimed for Americans. We need a better mascara since we have heavy, straight lashes. The American versions will not work well on us or at least I know it doesn't for me. Americans don't need heavy duty mascaras since their lashes don't fall like us/me or at least, that's what I think... hehe~

Jamie Panganiban said...

True! The formula here is catered to americans.. Oh well, what can we do? We can at least buy them off online, its such a pain to wait and shipping can be expensive sometimes.

Ahleessa said...

That's the one thing that holds me back from buying products from Asia here or online, the over priced. It just turns me off. For example, I bought three single CastleDew eyeshadows from Korea. It costed me $10 for all three. I see them selling the same ones here but one single is $12 *sigh*. The three I bought cost me $10 compared to $36 here. Whoa!~!~

Jamie Panganiban said...

Yes! Everything asian brought here is overpriced.. If you have relatives back there, its always best to ask them to buy for you then have them shipped here or bring some if they come to the states.

Ahleessa said...

It's expensive to ship the products from Korea to here. Is it cheaper in the Philippines? For that reason, I only order products when I know someone is visiting Korea so they can bring it back to me... hehe~

Jamie Panganiban said...

Cheapest is in korea. Prices in the philippines are high too! Best to have a relative or a friend to get it for you and bring it themselves. lol

Ahleessa said...

I see... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...