Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Makeup Show LA 2013 Part 1

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This is the 5th year of The Makeup Show in LA, Los Angeles. I attended both Friday night and Saturday. Friday night, March 1st, was the "Opening Party." It's so exciting to see the talent of the professionals and upcoming professionals. That's the one thing I love about The Makeup Show. It's dedicated to people in the industry!

One of the contest they had this year was face chart. I only took pictures of my two favorites.

The reason why I love this face chart is all the little details. I cannot imagine how long this would have taken. Overall, it's animated and then *bomb* the details. Amazing!
This isn't the best shot of the picture, but I was too short to take it eye level. :X I love how creative, futuristic it is. This also has a lot of details. Love it!

At the end of the night, professionals did their makeover on models. We got to see the finished work of art. They announced the brand/company as they entered the room. Since I was located at the end, I was not too sure which brand/company there were. Sorry!
This is one of the models.
Here's the model on the left with the makeup artist.
This is Anastasia, in the center with white top, with three of the models and the makeup artists.
Koren and his model.
I love how they started with the idea from a face chart and based the model on that. It shows you how professionals work!
Here's another model and her makeup artist.
Here's Senna, on the left, with the model and the makeup artist.
Here's another look of the model. I love the Senna logo on her chest. It's so creative and the overall look matches the brand. I got a chance to talk with the owner of Senna and she told me they did this makeup from 2:30 to 6:30. It took them four hours!
The last models are from MUFE, Make Up For Ever.
Here's the back of one of the models. It's so trippy seeing so many eyes, but cool at the same time.
Here's the back of the other model. I just noticed the time is different from the front.

To end this wonderful night, I went home with a swag bag.
I cannot wait to review the products I received.

Thank The Makeup Show for the wonderful event!!! :)


Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

9 comments:

Denysia said...

It looked like a lot of fun! :)

Jamie Panganiban said...

I'm jealous! I've never been to any makeup conventions or shows. Argh.. I lived in LA and I never got to visit any of them..

Shop N' Chomp said...

Yay to that swag bag! Everyone is so talented...omg...

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! It was. :)

Ahleessa said...

I believe there's some up there in Northern Cali, but I'm not 100% too sure. If I could remember correctly isn't there one for IMATS? :/ You should check out their website.

Ahleessa said...

I know you telling me! Every little details and how they put the ideas together is so impressive. I wish I could be that talented... hehe~ I think you're talented with arm candies. :)

Jamie Panganiban said...

I think, if I remember correctly, the IMATS here in california is only done in LA. =( I'm too broke to visit shows anyway. Hahaha. The husband vowed that we'll be going to future ones. I hope so :) Need to save up!

Ahleessa said...

Sorry to here there isn't IMATS in Northern Cali! The next makeup convention that I know of is PhameExpo that is happening in June in Pasadena. You have couple of months to save up... hehe~

Jamie Panganiban said...

Hahaha I'll have to skip this year! Probably next year :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...