Friday, October 31, 2014

Body Merry Hyaluronic Dew and Pro-A Serums


Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Happy Halloween! I hope you get a lot of treats.




I am fortunate to work with Body Merry from Amazon. I already reviewed Age Defense Eye Cream and Cellulite Defense Gel-Cream. I highly recommend both products! For this post, I will review two of their face serums.
Product Reviews: Body Merry Hyaluronic Acid Serum (right) and Body Merry Retinol Serum (left)

Where to purchase: online at amazon.com
Price: $14.99 (right) and $29.99 (left) for 1 fl oz/30 mL

Made in USA

Description from the press kit: Body Merry's power packed duo of Hyaluronic Dew Serum and Pro-A Serum is perfect for those looking for an effective natural organic formula to fight the signs of aging.

Hyaluronic Dew Serum:
Morning dew is nature's reminder that we all need moisture to kick start our day. This premium hydrating serum contains plant derived Hyaluronic Acid that provides the perfect amount of 'dew' to last throughout the day. Antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Green Tea add that extra punch, leaving your skin smooth and nourished.

Pro-A Serum:
Much has been said about the power of Retinol in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and its not without reason. This professional grade 2.5% retinol serum lets you truly sink in all the goodness of Vitamin A. Plant derived Hyaluronic Acid adds the much needed hydration and Green Tea works its charm as a powerful antioxidant.
Thoughts: This is actually my third and fourth products from Body Merry, and I've had great/good experiences. For that reason, I was excited to try these.
Both serums come in a dropper. Here's Hyaluronic Dew.
This is Pro-A.
Both serums, the consistency is different from others that I have used. They're more thicker, as well as, gel-like instead of liquidity. Here's a swatch of Hyaluronic Dew on my hand.
This is Pro-A on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, both of them have a slight smell. For some reason, I just assumed they would smell the same but they don't. Hyaluronic Dew has a slight fruity smell. It reminds me of a lot of shampoos and conditioners I use. Pro-A, on the other hand, is more muskier. They're both not that noticeable when you apply the products. I just noticed the smells because I just sniffed them with my nose. Secondly, the consistency of both are in-between medium to thick consistency. I also find it unique. Most serums I've used are liquidity. These serums are gel-like and in some ways, they look like silicon but they're not. I also find it interesting they come in a dropper. In my opinion, I think it'll be better to pump than use a dropper. There are times it's not easy to grab the product with the dropper. It takes couple of times but it might just be me. With that said while massaging the serums onto my skin, it has a cool sensation that I tend to like. It also feels like silicon but it doesn't have that ending feel like silicon; the feel of product never being absorbed onto the skin. It does take a minute or two before it's absorbed onto the skin. Once it's absorbed the skin feels nice and soft. It doesn't leave a greasy/oily feel. Lastly, I haven't been using this that long. For that reason, I cannot give my final conclusion. From what I noticed, I like how my skin looks and feels afterwards and the next morning.

Pros:
* Opportunity to choose between 2 serums.
* Full control of the quantity you want; comes in a dropper.
* Travel-friendly.
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Medium to thick consistency.
* Gel-like.
* Takes a minute or two to be absorbed.
* Has a cooling sensation.
* Not greasy/oily.
* Skin feels soft and smooth.
* Hydrates.
* Not tested on animals.

Cons:
* Can only be purchased on Amazon.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Berry Merry products I reviewed/swatched:

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

Elena Dal Maso said...

A 2,5 % retinol should work really well on the skin :)
Great review, I love it!!!

xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Very interesting.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Ahleessa said...

I guess... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...