Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Crown Brush Flawless Face Blender

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last year (2014), Crown Brush had a special event before IMATS. I was lucky enough to be invited.

I took this picture from my Instagram. These were the products I received in my goody bag. For months/years, I used my fingers or foundation brushes to apply foundation/BB Creams. I'm not too sure why I never used any Face Blenders until recently. Since I've been using this for several months, I think it's about time I review it.
Product Review: Crown Brush Flawless Face Blender

Where to purchase: online at crownbrush.com
Price: $9.99

Description from the package: Introducing the Flawless Face Blender, the ultimate make up sponge applicator that will help you achieve a flawless, professional finish. The key to a perfect face is a flawless blend. Forget using your fingers or abrassive latex wedges; these methods waste product, leaving streaks. The Flawless Face Blender's specially designed shape makes your application flawless bye allowing you to effortlessly apply in hard-to-reach areas. Its soft texture is smooth to the touch and its unique curves fit every contour of your face, leaving your make up flawlessnatural. The Flawless Face Blender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.
Thoughts: In all honesty when I received this Face Blender, I thought to myself I probably will not use it. The reason is because for years, I only used BB/CC Creams. With BB/CC Creams, I use my fingers to apply the product. The last several months I started using foundation. I've tried my fingers, as well as, foundation brushes. They came out good, but I thought to myself why not try the Face Blender it wouldn't hurt.
Here's a closer view of the Flawless Face Blender. Compared to other Face Blenders, the shape is unique. It has double-sided tips. One is sharper than the other.
Here's a closer view of the fatter end. It's great for foundation or big areas on your face.
Here's a closer view of the sharper/thinner end. It's great to get small areas like around your nostril.
Here's a comparison of the Face Blender in my hand. It's pretty small/average when it's dry. It's probably the same size as other Face Blenders.
Here's how big the Face Blender gets when it's wet.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it doesn't smell whatsoever wet or dry. I've heard some Face Blenders smell. I'm not too sure why. Secondly when you wash the Flawless Face Blender, it doesn't bleed. I heard the pink dye in the Beauty Blender bleeds. I'm not 100% sure since I don't own any. This Face Blender feels like a normal makeup sponge except it's bigger, has more a shape, and pointy ends. Third, it's actually pretty easy to use. After I wet my Face Blender, I squeeze out the water so it doesn't make a mess when I apply my foundation. With the foundation, I apply dots on my face. Then I grab the wet Face Blender and pat on my face. It leaves a smooth, nice layer. Then using my Maybelline Master Conceal, I apply on my imperfections (undereye circle and zits). I pat the concealer with the Flawless Face Blender. It covers my imperfections without leaving a crease. With that said, I don't really use the pointy ends. I just squeeze the Blender and pat in areas that need coverage. I also noticed I don't use both ends each time I use the Blender. I use one end for both foundation and concealer. Fourth and this could only be me, I'm brutal with cleaning. I noticed breakage in the center of the Flawless Face Blender. It's not from using the Blender while applying foundation and cleaner. It's when I wash it. Like I said it could only be me. Lastly and with everything said, I so think this is so worth it! It leaves a better, smooth layer of foundation and concealer than my hand and foundation brushes.

Pros:
* Intriguing, unique shape.
* Comes with two different ends.
* Comes with pointy tips.
* Doesn't smell.
* Doesn't bleed while washing.
* Easy to use.
* Great for both foundation and concealer.
* Leaves a smooth layer.
* Works better than hands and foundation brushes.

Cons:
* I don't use both ends and pointy tips.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Sachi said...

I like the finish I get with blender sponges...but I hate cleaning them! They don't last very long with me cuz I am so hard on them when I wash them. I hate seeing stain from the foundation so I just keep washing and washing and they tear =(

Ahleessa said...

It sounds like me!... lol~ I've been wondering why they rip so easily and I realized I wash hard to get rid of the stains. Have you tried Dr. Bonner soap? I have great things about it when it comes to cleaning the blender sponges. I heard it's better than Beauty Blender cleanser.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...