Wednesday, January 14, 2015

InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with InstaNatural. They also have a store on Amazon. You definitely need to check out their store and website. They have a lot of great products! For this post, I will review their mask.

Product Review: InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask

Where to purchase: online at instanatural.com and amazon.com
Price: $25.77 for 16 oz

Made in USA

Description from the packaging: InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask is an all-natural detoxifier and purifier that comes from the renowned and sacred Dead Sea. More than a million visitors each year flock to the extraordinary body of water in the Mediterranean, which contains many minerals beneficial to the skin, such as magnesium, sodium, bromine, potassium and calcium. Once applied, this mud mask treatment starts working to absorb excess oil, dirt and toxins from the skin. It is great to expunge acne, pimples and blackheads. It also helps to restore an even skin tone for a smoother complexion. When used as a body treatment the mud mask can soothe and relieve muscles aches and pains. Whether used on the face or the body, but Dead Sea Mud Mask is a superb in-home spa treatment that will reveal more vibrant, refined healthier skin.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I've always heard great things about dead sea mask but unfortunately, I have never tried it. Given the opportunity, I jumped on the bandwagon.
Here's how the product looks when it's open. It definitely looks and feel like a mud.
Here's a swatch of the mud mask on my hand.
I know it's not a pretty sight but I wanted to show how the mud mask look on me. I took this picture right after applying the mask.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent whatsoever. This is actually a huge plus for me. I cannot stand mask that I have to wear 10+ minutes and it smells bad. Secondly, the consistency is pretty thin and easy to apply. The direction recommends you apply a thin later around your face avoiding the eyes and lip. It's easy to use with either a brush or fingers. I actually used my fingers. Honestly, it felt like I'm applying a moisturizer but it's dark in color. I also like that it has a cooling sensation while applying. Cooling sensation as in it feels nice and cool. It didn't have the tingling sensation which I dislike. Third, the direction recommends you wear it for 10 to 15 minutes. I only wore it for 10 minutes. It dries to a whitish-gray color. You definitely can tell it dries. It goes from being glossy looking to dry, matte mask. The only reason I wore it for 10 minutes is it became tight. In my opinion, people with oily skin might take longer to dry. Since I have dry skin, it dried quickly. After I washed the mask off, my face had slight tightness. Since it has slight tightness, I'll definitely use this product whenever my face is acting up like that time of the month. Other than that, I doubt I'll use it when my skin is healthy. If you have acne and blackheads, I recommend using it once a week. Lastly, I noticed my skin look tighter and healthier right after using it. It had a glow especially around my t-zone. I also noticed my skin looked nice the next morning, as well as, less blackheads on my nose.

Pros:
* Pure dead sea mud.
* The jar will last a long time.
* No scent.
* Thin consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Cooling sensation.
* Dries quickly.
* Great for oily skin individuals.
* Great for acne and blackheads.
* Skin feels tighter.
* It gives me a glow.
* Noticed less blackheads on my nose.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Only can be purchased online.
* Skin felt tight once the mask dried.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

7 comments:

Sachi said...

I find that most masks with muds make my skin feel tight, and I have super oily skin. But they do wonders to kick my skin back into balance

Ebony J said...

I really love using face masks because even though they feel really bad once they dry they make my skin feel so amazing afterwards (:

Bijin Blair said...

So true, I can't stand smelly masks either! And whaaat, less blackheads? Definitely a mask to try!

Ahleessa said...

You will definitely love this or at least I think so. :)

Ahleessa said...

I don't know this brand that much either, but this mask is good.

Ahleessa said...

I completely agree with your statement! :) My skin looks amazing afterwards especially I've been so hormonal.

Ahleessa said...

It's a good thing you have oily skin. You don't have to worry about dry patches from dryness or wrinkly skin. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...