Tuesday, January 20, 2015

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in Nude Allude

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Several weeks ago when I went to my Rite Aid, I saw a new lip display from L'Oreal.

I was extremely intrigued. I love my matte lips, but at the same time, I hate dryness. Since it's a liquid matte color, I just assumed it wouldn't be that drying. They were having a BOGO half off sale. I was going to only purchase one and find another L'Oreal product to purchase. Unfortunately, I couldn't find something I wanted. For that reason, I ended up buying two of these.
I purchase in #514 Blushing Ambition (far left on the picture) and #517 Nude Allude (far right on the picture). Out of the six colors, I knew I wanted Blushing Ambition. I had some doubt with Nude Allude. It didn't look too nude to my eyes. It looked more reddish brown which is great for the Pantone color of 2015, Marsala. For that reason, I purchased it.
Product Review: L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in #517 Nude Allude (not listed on the website)

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $9.99 for 0.2 fl oz/ 6.3 mL

Thoughts: I was extremely excited to try this product, but at the same time, I was kind of scared to try this color! I love my nude lips but this seemed more reddish brown than I like.
Here's a closer look at the color. I would say the color is lighter in the picture for some odd reason. It looks more pink than in person.
Here's a closer look at the applicator. I love how it has a pointy tip that helps outline the lips. You do have to be careful with the application. It does grab a lot more than you need.
Here's a swatch of the lipgloss on my hand and this is very true to color!
Here's how the lipgloss looks on me. It looks more natural here than it really is.
Here's an overall look on me. It's the same picture for Maybelline Master Conceal.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has the typical L'Oreal scent. It smells like vanilla. I usually don't mind the scent on their glosses but with lipsticks, I cannot deal with it. It's too strong for my taste. Plus, the smell on the glosses lessen with time. Secondly, you do have to be careful with the application. It grabs more product than you need on the lip. For that reason, I usually wipe on the top of the tube before applying it on my lips. Third, the product is very creamy and opaque. It goes on smoothly like a cream. It doesn't tug on your lips and it feels soft. It also doesn't fall in-between your lips lines. Honestly, it feels more of a creamy lipstick than a lipgloss. It also doesn't have the sticky quality of a lipgloss. I used to not mind but I'm not a fan of sticky lip products anymore. Fourth and with time, it dries to a matte look. It looks creamy, smooth, and nice. After several hours, it dries to a really matte look where it falls in-between your fine lines. I actually don't mind that look. I think it's hot on me but that might just be me. Even though it dries with time, I noticed it doesn't dry out my lips. I didn't notice any white residue in the center of my lips. Lastly, it only lasted several hours. I noticed the color lessen if you press your lips together often. That's what happen to me. I highly recommend not pressing the lips. It would probably have lasted longer. Also, I'm not 100% sure about this color on me. It's a great fit for the 2015 though.

Pros:
* Perfect Pantone for 2015, Marsala.
* Pointy tip applicator.
* Scent isn't strong.
* Creamy consistency.
* Smooth application.
* Doesn't tug on the lips.
* Not sticky.
* Opaque.
* Doesn't fall in-between the lips lines initially.
* Matte look with time.
* Not drying.
* It lasts for several hours.

Cons:
* Not a variety of colors; only come in 6.
* More reddish brown than nude.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

Lucie said...

Ooh this lip product seems very interesting!! I wish I lived in the US right now lol.

Sachi said...

I like the color on you! I'm with you, I love the matte look..but ugh usually so drying! I might have to check these out

LauraLeia said...

I think the colour looks great on you! :) I haven't tried anything new from L'Oreal for a while, but I'd love to try this if it comes to Malaysia. I don't like sticky lip glosses so I'm glad to hear it's more like a liquid lipstick.

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I think you will love it. :)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I'm still a little wishy washy with the color. I guess I need to take some time to get use to it. I highly do recommend you trying this out though. :)

Ahleessa said...

I wish you live in the US too!... hehe~ :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...