Monday, January 19, 2015

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Blue Wings Butterfly Water Decal

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Here's another "Manicure Monday" from Born Pretty Store. I feel very fortunate to be able to work with them!

This was the most haul. I already reviewed their 3D Nail Art Sticker Golden Stripe, the big sticker collection, and 3D Heart Nail Studs. For this post, I will review the Blue Wings Butterfly Water Decal.
Product Review: Born Pretty Blue Wings Butterfly Print Nail Art Water Decals

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $1.62

Description from the website:
Specification:
Quantity: 1 sheet
Pattern: as the picture shows
100% brand new

Package Contents:
1 Sheet Nail Water Decals Sticker

Nails Application:
1. Trim, clean and polish the fingernails; paint the background color on the fingernails and dry it out.
2. Remove the film of product, cute out the patter and plunge it into water 10-20 seconds.
3. Moisten the fingernails, stick the patter in position.
4. Sop up the water with a paper towel and blow dry.
5. Cap with clear nail polish and blow dry.
Thoughts: Growing up, I've always loved drawings of flowers and butterflies. For that reason, I was drawn to this water decal. Plus, it's blue (my favorite color).
Here's a closer look at the butterflies. They come in different sizes, shapes, and ranges of blue.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of OPI in Yoga-Ta Get This Blue! on all my fingers except ringer finger, and 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Butter-fly Stroke on my ring finger. Then with a dotting tool, I made polka-dots with Essie in Blanc. I added the butterfly water decal. Then I topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm a huge fan of water decals. They're extremely easy to use. You cut the decal you want and dip it in water. You will see the paper start bending. That's how I know it's ready to just push the decal off the paper. Then I grab it with a Tweezer and place it where I want it to be. Then I seal the decal with top coat. Secondly and last, I never had an issue with decals. They don't come off, the color doesn't fade, and it doesn't shrink. It looks like a professional painted it on the nails. I always get compliments when I wear decals!

Pros:
* Cute design!
* Comes in a variety of sizes, design, and color.
* Easy to use.
* Does not chip, shrink, and fade.
* Long lasting until the nail polish chips.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with this website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use this code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Jessica W said...

This is a beautiful manicure!

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...