Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Maybelline Master Conceal in Light/Medium

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Couple of weeks ago when I went to Rite Aid, I saw some new displays. One of them was Maybelline.

They came out with three primers and five concealers. Since I own so many primers, I passed on it. Trust me it was hard. I was really intrigued. I did pick up one concealer.
Product Review: Maybelline Master Conceal by FaceStudio in #30 Light/Medium

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at maybelline.com
Price: $8.49 for 12 mL/ 0.4 fl oz

Made in USA

Description on the package:
* Camouflages imperfections and dark circles
* Full coverage, high resistance
* Undetectable finish
Thoughts: For years, I've been using concealers that are not really good. I had a mentally of trying to finish the ones I have. Plus, my skin wasn't that bad that needed a lot of coverage. For some odd reason, the last several months my skin has been acting up. Okay, I know it's hormonal. I needed coverage in daily basis. For that reason, I decided to try this product.
I like that it comes in a tube. It's extremely sanitary safe, as well as, easy to squeeze the quantity you want.
Here's a swatch of Light/Medium on my hand. In all honesty, I wasn't too sure which color I should had picked up. It was hard since each concealer was steal, as well as, you really can't tell the color from the packaging. I'm glad I picked up Light/Medium. It's the perfect match for my MAC NC25/30 skin.
Here's an overall look on me. I applied the concealer on my undereye, the zit on my nose, the redness around my nose, the zit on my hairline, and age spots. I tried taking pictures of before and after application, but it didn't show on my camera unfortunately.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the consistency is on the creamy side. It makes it easy to use your fingers to dab the concealer. It does fall between the lines but with primer and foundation, it doesn't fall. It layers on top and leaves a smooth application. Plus, I also use my Face Blender/sponge to smooth out the concealer. Third, I'm not too sure about the other colors. The Light/Medium has a yellow base with slight salmon color. For that reason, it covers dark circles well and age spots. It also covers my redness around my nose and small zits. When it comes to big, red zit like my nose, it doesn't cover that well. I have to layer it several times. Lastly, I steal the concealer with powder. For that reason, it lasts all day. Best of all, it doesn't crease on me. In my opinion, this is great for normal to dry skin individuals like myself. For oily skin individuals, there might be slight creasing and not lasting all day.

Pros:
* Comes in 5 shades.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes in a tube; sanitary safe.
* Great for yellow undertone.
* No scent.
* Creamy consistency.
* Medium to full coverage.
* Easy to apply.
* Great for dark undereye circles.
* Great for dark spots.
* Good for redness.
* Good for acne.
* Great for normal to dry skin individuals.
* No creasing.
* Last all day.

Cons:
* The shades might not match all skin color.
* Takes effort to cover big, red zits.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Maybelline products reviewed/swatch:
Baby Lips Lip Balm
Pink Punch
Pink Shock
Strike A Rose
ColorSensational High Shine Lip Gloss
Dream Bouncy Blush
EyeStudio Color Explosion
Caffeine Rush
EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow
Too Cool
EyeStudio Color Tattoo Metal
EyeStudio Duo Eyeshadow
EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
Lash Stiletto



Very Black
Stylish Smokes
Charcoal Smokes
Natural Smokes
The Elixir ColorSensational

Nail Polishes
Color Show Brocades
Color Show Polka Dots

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

7 comments:

Lucie said...

I hope to find this product in Indonesia one day! I love trying out new concealers and this one sounds very goood :D

Sachi said...

i have the WORST luck with concealers. My oily skin just eats them up. Plus....you know...laziness LOL

Ahleessa said...

I don't know why it took me so long to test out other concealers. :/ I've always thought I should finish what I have before moving on. I'm one naive girl!... hehe~ I hope it goes to you as well. Which concealers do you like?

Lucie said...

Before having my blog, I always finished a concealer before testing out new ones. That was before.. lol. I'm currently loving Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser that I can't find in Indonesia neither. I bought it in France but it seems like it is, or is going to be discontinued there :(

Sachi said...

tried both. evil oily skin. Though they say oily skin ages better so maybe the under eye circles and acne will pay out in the end =P

Ahleessa said...

I keep hearing about the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser. I need to try this out! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finishes product before moving on... hehe~

Ahleessa said...

I agree oily skin ages better. I have dry skin and my skin looks older than a lot of people who had acne as teens. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...