Monday, January 12, 2015

OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener in Original

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For the past week, I haven't been wearing polishes. My nails broke. Not one, two, but four. For that reason, I decided to give my nail a break. Even though I didn't wear a polish, I applied the nail strengthener. Now that I've been using a nail strengthener from OPI for several months, I think it's about time to review it.

Product Review: OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener

Where to purchase: ULTA, and online at opi.com
Price: $17.95 for 15 mL/0.5 fl oz (I bought mine at a nail supply store)

Made in USA

Description from the package: Say hello to stronger natural nails with Original Nail Envy-formulated with wheat protein and calcium to resist peeling, cracking and splitting. Apply two coats followed by one coat every other day.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I keep hearing about this product and how great it is. I wasn't too sure but I thought I used this product in the past. Since I wasn't sure, I decided to give it a try.
Here's a closer look at the strengthener.
Here's a look at the brush. It's a typical OPI brush which I love. The reason why I love OPI brushes is the width. It's doesn't take many strokes to paint the nails.
Here's how the strengthener looks on my nails. I have nothing on other than that. It leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I apply Nail Envy every single time I polish my nails. I even painted my nails when I wasn't wearing nail polishes. I'm not a typical nail blogger who paints my nails everyday, every three days, and so on. I only paint once a week. I just don't have time to paint that often in a week. I'm lucky to paint once a week. So for that reason, I only used Nail Envy once a week since I bought it. Secondly since I've been using this strengthener, I have been impressed! My nails would break once a month and I would have to give it a break for two weeks to get stronger. That's how weak my nails are. Since I've been using this product, my nail broke once within three months. That's three months of polishes without breakage. That's pretty impressive. After my nails broke, I usually just give it a break. I decided to use the strengthener. After cutting my nails and the strengthener, I noticed my nail got stronger in couple of days. Usually it'll break but it didn't this time around. Lastly, I hardly noticed any chip. If there was some chip at the tip of the nails, it's not noticeable with the clear polish.

Pros:
* Cost more than OPI polishes, but it lasts a long time.
* Comes in a variety of strengtheners.
* Perfect brush width; doesn't need that many strokes.
* Clear, shiny texture.
* Great before polishes.
* Great alone.
* Strengthen nails.
* Less breakage.
* Not noticeable chips at the tip.

Cons:
* It cost more than OPI polishes.

Would repurchase: Yes!!!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Brazil Collection 2014
Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...