Friday, January 2, 2015

pureSOL Konjac Facial Sponge with Added Bamboo Charcoal

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with pureSOL Konjac Facial Sponge from Amazon. I've heard great things about Konjac sponges. This being the first time using it I was extremely excited!

Product Review: pureSOL Konjac Facial Sponge with Added Bamboo Charcoal

Where to purchase: online at amazon.com
Price: $10

Made in China

Description from the press kit: Konjac is a moisture rich plant fibre which is by nature alkaline, and thus balances the acidity of the skin's impurities and oils. The unique net like structure of the sponge gently massages the skin, breaks down dirt, stimulates blood flow and new growth of skin cells. Leaving the skin extremely clean and refreshed!

pureSOL Konjac sponge is unbelievably soft and excellent for all skin types! It is made of 100% pure vegetable fiber and processed without any coloring or additives, great for hypersensitive skin!

IMPROVES SKIN TEXTURE: pureSOL Konjac Facial Sponge gently exfoliates while deep cleansing and removing any toxins and impurities, leaving you with a radiant complexion. It is extremely soft and gentle for everyday skin care. Great for all skin types.

BRIGHTER LOOKING SKIN: The natural woven fibers of the sponge gently massage the skin and stimulate blood flow. It detoxifies and encourages skin renewal while balancing the skins pH, leaving your skin extremely clean and refreshed!

PREVENTS SPOTS, BLACKHEADS AND BREAKOUTS: The added BAMBOO CHARCOAL contains activated carbon and essential minerals to deeply cleanse and absorb excess sebum, toxins and other harmful chemicals from your skin. You will see your pores getting smaller, tightening and brightening your skin.

100% NATURAL AND ECO-FRIENDLY: Why compromise your health with products that contain harsh chemicals and additives on your skin? pureSOL Konjac Sponge is completely natural, eco-friendly and free of parabens, sulphates & chemicals. It is biodegrade, cruelty free and vegan. After use, you can compost the sponge and feel good about the environment! You can even add it to your flower pot! At pureSOL our packaging is 90% compostable.

EASY-TO-HANG SUCTION HOOK: A must have for you Konjac sponge! Perfect for hanging in a well-ventilated space so it's dry and ready for you to use the following day. No more searching for something to hang your pureSOL Konjac Sponge on!
Thoughts: My friend/YouTuber/beauty blogger constantly talked about Konjac sponges and how great the product is. I trust her judgement but for some reason, that still didn't push me to try the product. I just feel that I have way too many products and need to somehow finish them. Yes, I feel overwhelmed but that doesn't stop me from buying makeup. With skin care, I'm pretty good about finishing them. So when I was given an opportunity to try this product, I jumped without thinking!
Here's a closer look at the Konjac sponge. I looked on Amazon and pureSOL only carries two Konjac sponge; original (white) and with added bamboo charcoal.
It comes with a suction hook. This is the first time seeing this with any Konjac sponge, or maybe it does and I just don't know about it.
I looked carefully in the bathroom and the best place to suction the hook was the mirror.
The first thing the instruction says is to "soak the sponge in water until it's fully soft."
The next instruction says to "massage gently in circular motion on your face with or without your favorite cleanser." I decided to use the Konjac sponge with a cleanser. I actually used Origin cleanser sample I received. After you clean your face, rinse the sponge and squeeze the remaining water. Then you let it hang on the suction hook until next time.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all when the Konjac sponge becomes hard, it does take some time to soften from the water. Once it's soft, it's not rough at all on the face. To be honest, that was my main concern with Konjac sponge. I was scared it would be similar to exfoliating. It's great to exfoliate twice a week, but in daily basis I wasn't too sure about that. Thankfully, this isn't like exfoliating. It's more a soft cloth to wash the face. The best part it has benefits. It minimizes the pores, great for all skin types even sensitive skin, massages, and it's natural. Secondly, I love that it comes with a suction hook. Now that I'm done with this sponge, I have another Konjac sponge I'm going to use next. That one doesn't have a hook, as well as, a string. At this moment, I'm wondering how I'm going to dry it in-between usage. I might put it in a dish that but ain't the most sanitary safe. The moisture from the sponge will reflect from the dish. That might not be the best for sensitive skin. Thankfully, my skin isn't that sensitive. Lastly after I wash my face with the sponge, I noticed my skin looked more youthful and soft. I don't know if I would say it has minimize my pores especially on the nose. Then again I didn't use this in daily basis. I used it most days. Other than it giving me a glow and my skin felt soft, I didn't notice anything.

Pros:
* 100% konjac fiber and bamboo charcoal.
* Natural, eco-friendly, biodegradable, and chemical free.
* Comes with a suction hook.
* Soft on the skin.
* Great for daily cleansing.
* Skin looks more youthful.
* Skin feels softer.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Can only be purchased on Amazon.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

monika berdnik said...

Well this looks like it was made for my skin, according to your description it would be perfect for my skin, and I think it is really affordable considering all these features, a must try,
happy new year :)

http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

Ahleessa said...

I hope you get a chance to check it out. I've heard Konjac sponges are really great! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...