Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Rimmel Provocalips in Make Your Move

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

There's so many new drugstore products that came out. Of course with no fail, I'm drawn to them. This time it's from Rimmel.
It's their Provocalips. I'm usually not a big fan of double ended lip products. They tend to not work for me or at least in my experience. I've read so many positive reviews on this product that I decided to try one. I decided to get Make Your Move.

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at us.rimmellondon.com
Price: $7.79 for Step 1: 0.14 fll oz/ 4 mL and Step 2: 0.10 fl oz/ 3 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website:
Up to 16 Hours of lip liberation. Wild without a trace!
* Kiss proof, transfer proof, food proof high impact endless colour.
* No tight feeling or dry lips. Lips feel smooth and moisturized all day long.
* Easy removal of Oil based makeup remover.

STEP 1: Apply colour and keep lips apart for 60 seconds until the product sets.
STEP 2: Apply topcoat to lock the colour, moisture and add shine.
Thoughts: All the reviews I've read or seen say they last a long time. I was sold on this product and it doesn't hurt the packaging is cute. I mean how cute are the lips on the packaging!?!?
One end is the color. Here's a picture of the applicator.
The other end is the moisturizer. It has the same applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lip product on my hand. From left to right, the first one is the lip color. The middle is the moisturizer. The last color on the right is the lip color with the moisturizer on top. When I did the last swatch, I didn't wait for it to set. My bad! :X
Here's how the lip product looks on me.
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the color side has more a scent than the moisturizer. It kind of smells musky. It isn't my type of scent but it's not noticeable while applying it on the lips. Secondly, I'm not too sure if all Provocalips has a tight twist at the end but mine does. I like it, because I know it's steal when I feel the click noise. Third, make sure the color side dries before applying the moisturizer. I also recommend not smacking the lips while it's drying. I made the mistake of smacking my lips together. I noticed the color started moving and there were streaks of barely any color. When you first apply the color side, it goes on smoothly and shiny. It's also liquidity in consistency and feels more like in-between water and lipgloss. Once it dries and look matte, you know it's dried. It also has a slight tightness/stickiness. Then you can apply the moisturizer. The color looks shiny and the lips feel  nice. Lastly, the color lasts until you remove with oily makeup remover. I love that it doesn't stain cups while drinking, as well as, come off while eating.

Pros:
* Cute packaging.
* Comes in 10 colors.
* Not noticeable scent while applying.
* Has a click noise.
* Color goes on smoothly.
* Color dries quickly.
* Moisturizer is hydrating.
* Overall, it's opaque, not sticky, and shiny.
* Long lasting.
* Does not stain.
* Does not come off while eating.

Cons:
* Once color dies, it has a slight tightness/stickiness.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Rimmel lip products reviewed/swatched:
Show Off Lip Lacquer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

3 comments:

LauraLeia said...

Wow, this sounds amazing! So sad that Rimmel is no longer available in Malaysia; I'd love to try this out especially with the pretty colours and packaging.

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I think you will love it.

Ahleessa said...

How come it's not available in Malaysia? That's so sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...