Monday, June 15, 2015

Manicure Monday: China Glaze in Home Sweet House Music, Electric Nights Collection (Summer 2015)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

The last weekend of May (May 30-31, 2015), I went to Generation Beauty Los Angeles 2015. This is my second time going and I was received two China Glaze polishes.

The one on the left I received through the brand, and the other one on the right was in one of my goody bags. For this post, I will review the one on the left.
This is Home Sweet House Music from their Electric Nights Collection. Since I did a thorough review of China Glaze in Neon & On & On, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color, and I have to say it's slight brighter on the nails.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush (perfect medium width), this is thin in width. The length is the same as OPI brushes.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of China Glaze in Home Sweet House Music, 1 coat of China Glaze in Flying South on the ring finger, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I found the polish a little bit thick. I would say it's in-between medium to thick consistency. I don't know if it's just me but I always find that with China Glaze polishes. For that reason, I apply a little bit thicker than most polishes. I also have to apply quickly before it dries. I hate when it gets clumpy with each stroke. Secondly even though it's a little bit thick, I didn't find it streaking and there was no bubbles. I did have problem painting around the cuticles because of the consistency. If you know how to paint better than me, can someone give me suggestions? Third, this is a great summer color. It's bright and neon. It can be loud but I think it looked great on my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted 4 days until I noticed slight chipping at the tips.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other China Glaze polishes reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...