Monday, August 10, 2015

Manicure Monday: Zoya PixieDust in Nyx

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Before I start my post, I apologize for the lack of posts and returning comments. It's been hard to post the last two weeks because of guests and getting sick. Also I started a weekly routine of exercising. When I come back from work and the gym, I just clean up and then head to bed. Some how I need to balance everything but I'm finding it hard. Suggestions are welcome!

Now for my post... Here's another textured nail polish from their first seasonal PixieDust from Zoya.

This is Zoya PixieDust in Nyx. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya PixieDust in Beatrix, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color, and the website describes it "as a perfect periwinkle with a sugared sparkle." It's very true to color!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the brush is thinner and shorter. I would say the width of the brush is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, and 2 coats of Zoya PixieDust in Nyx.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm a huge fan of textured nail polishes. They're just easy in every way possible. While painting if you make an error, you can go over that area and it looks perfect. Also during the week if the polish chip, you can paint that area and it looks brand new. There's no mistakes with textured polishes. With that said, some people don't like the feel. I actually don't mind and for that reason, I keep buying more. Secondly compared to Vespa from Zoya, I actually like this color better. It seems less sparkly and more color, or I might be biased since my favorite color is periwinkle. Third speaking of sparkles, it harder to remove than normal creme polishes. You definitely need to work harder. Lastly without repainting the chip areas, I noticed chipping at the tip on the fourth day.

Would repurchase: Possible.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...